Thoughts & Confessions of a Daddy's Girl

Thoughts & Confessions of a Daddy's Girl

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Where Healing Begins...

A Prayer for A little Girl Lost

Oh little girl locked deep inside
Unleash your fear give up your pride
It’s time for you to know the truth
Come out from underneath your bed and lay your head here on my chest
Open up the closet door run in my arms where it’s safe and warm
You never again must run and hide
Or cry alone there in the dark
It’s time to let it out my dear
Come close to me
Please do not fear
I am the Daddy that you never had
I’ve come to rescue you from all this past
That holds you down and stifles you
And give you back your stolen dreams
Dreams that once were pure and free
They still are here kept safely with me
I’ll give you back what was taken away
For the first time you will be free and say
“I love you Daddy thank you for coming.”
And you’ll here me whisper gently in your ear
“My sweetheart you were never alone I was always here.”
I know the world would do you harm.
I saw it the day the nails gave me the scars
But I took the nails for all your pain and grief
And knew that in my pain you would find relief
From this locked up, silenced, beaten soul
And to my love that will never let go.
So come now child Daddy’s here
To take away that little girls pain and fear.
The door’s unlocked, the lights are on, I’m here I’m waiting won’t you come?



2 comments:

  1. that's a great perspective of God. i am so easily "offended" by how i think he wants to control me, that i forget the opportunity that is there for me to be blessed, comforted and at peace instead of controlled.

    thanks for sharing!

    is there a connection here to food? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to be able to let go of the thingsthat keep us from Jesus, food, whatever and leave us in our addiction and to go into what is not comfortable where we do something different and find who Jesus really is and more about his love that is so good its sometimes hard to believe

    ReplyDelete