Thoughts & Confessions of a Daddy's Girl

Thoughts & Confessions of a Daddy's Girl

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The 5 Step -How to Make Love Rock- Program

I Peter 3:8 ..."Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."

After Peter finishes his wise guidance on how rulers and master, wives and husbands should treat each other, he gives a very general yet specific charge to the people on how to do it well.  And he says, YES THAT IN CLUDES ALL OF YOU!! So if you are not the most touchy, feely, relational person-guess what all of you means you, and if you are an introvert-YEP you too!  High D personality, you're on the list, stubborn, strong willed, reserved, quiet, manly man, independant....your all in this one, so listen up all of you!  This is what is good and how the body of Christ and intimacy in relationships should work, this is how they will know you are Christians...Love. So do this!
1. Live in harmony- Learn your lover's life song lyrics, sing the same chorus, don't clash your notes, write beautiful music together, find out how to harmonize the differences so they make a pure blend.  Enjoy life's silent pauses together.  Dance and sing the fortes and feel the emotion of the crescendos. Music is happy, live for the happy tune of life!  Know that the finale will take your breath away and leave you standing on your feet to the Orchestrator of life itself
2.  Be sympathetic- The Greek word for this means "unified feelings."  You fit together in your thinking, you feel each others feelings.  You don't have to have the answers but you show up and are there with the one you love in the rejoicing or the mourning.  (Guys you DON"T have to fix us!!!!)
3.  Love as brothers- Now this one makes me a little leary at first.  I have three boys and most days they are wrestling and throwing each other on the floor and launching balls, spit, dirty socks or whatever might be the handiest or get the biggest reaction from their brother.  So I'm thinking Brotherly love, not sure I want someone showing me affection that way...But by the same token when my middle son broke his hand while I was out of town and he and his little brother were staying at grandma's my youngest son came to Grandpa the morning of the Dr's apprt that would reveal if his older brother would need surgery and he said to Grandpa with sensitivity and commitment, Grandpa if Collin needs me to be by his side today I will stay home from school to be with him.  Or maybe the most precious and few memories I hold dear between my oldest son when my middle son was born.  His dad had went home to get him and bring him up to the hospital so he could see his brother for the first time.  He walked in with a big smile and lots of anxiousness on his four and a half year old little face, plopped down on the wooden rocker next to my bed and his dad placed this new little brother in his arms.   He didn't say anything just gazed down at him with a smile and quietly began to sing "Jesus Loves Me," in the most gentle tender version of the song I have ever heard while big crocidile tears streamed down his little cheeks.  Yeah I want to love like that.  Brotherly love, -family love, love that builds off of agape love.  Agape love is the general love that God gives man for all people it is not necessarily intimate but of goodwill.  Brotherly love builds deep roots on agape love and propels a deep love; honor spins this love in motion.  You know the "Nobody picks on my little brother but me,"  kind of emotion.
4.  Be compassionate-Have common passion together, oneness passion, going to the ends for each other in a crazy; outrageous way to meet each others needs.  Creative love, rage with new ways to show love and affection.
5.  Be humble - Do all of this for one another without thought, regard or desire for fame or praise.  That's hard. Love for the sake of Love itself. 

So here is a great solid five step program for me be able to love others and for them to follow to be loving to me also. Love Rocks!!! Love on....

2 comments:

  1. that is great. as i am writing about food and all that junk, i continually think about how much i need your support, your understanding, your sympathy. i need you to be beside me and tell me that you have felt the same thing and that you understand. i need your input of scripture and your encouragement. so it goes for friendships as well. it goes for supporting each other down a path that not many have chosen to go down, and a path that is confusing and a little scary! thanks for coming down that road with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you with me, friendship is so sweet....

    ReplyDelete